I was a Live Exhibit at the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Dulles Annex, Udvar-Hazy Center,
March 25, 2006

Monday, July 04, 2016

Return to the Mountains, finally!

Independence Day Weekend is always a big Hyner View Hang Gliding Club party. I've been able to take part for several years, but last year got skunked on actually flying. Given recent life schedule changes, my last high flight had been at the Hyner party in 2014. Although I've made it to the training hill since then, two years is way too long to go without getting high. Happily, the dry spell was broken on Saturday with a late-day sled. I made my first right-turn approach at Hyner, a rare occurrence there. No fancy enhancements on the video this time. I apologize for the vertical video; apparently my helmet knocked the GoPro mount a bit as I was carrying the glider down to launch.



No comments: