I was a Live Exhibit at the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Dulles Annex, Udvar-Hazy Center,
March 25, 2006

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Training Day Beckoned 0 2/22/2014

John M called in the morning to let me know he had a couple of students and would be at Taylor Hill for the day. He said I should join them. He was right. I did, loading out my trusty old Pulse. Mark C and David C also brought out their U2 and Eagle, respectively. New (to the area) Ryan not only came out with his Ozone Delta 2 Bag, but was accompanied by lovely spousal driver and three low-mileage groundcrew. Thanks to Ryan for taking a few photos for (of) me, and to his offspring R & A for help they gave me with my glider.

It was a beautiful day, even if a bit windy. I got in three nice flights, each culminating in a great landing. I was stoked about those landings. David flew 5 times, Mark did 7, and John even got in a couple, while he let his students take a short break.

Mark and I are happy we flew.

A victory pose at the bottom of the hill.

Mark on the ready, and John on deck.

OK, Mark and I were ecstatic we flew!


And here you can see Mark, then John, then Mark, again, enjoying the air.
Video of me flying iw on Mark's camera; I'll have to work on getting that.

No comments: